To enable students to understand the operation of semiconductor devices and power electronics converters, the laboratory is equipped with the experimental set-ups and students are exposed to hands on design experiments. The laboratory also enables students to carry out projects very effectively. The laboratory caters the need of experiments for UG and PG programmes.
Major Equipment : Experimental setups for power electronics Applications like inverters, IGBT & MOSFET, , A.C. voltage controllers, Chopper trainer, Single phase dual converter, Gate/Base triggering circuit trainer, Micro-controller kit, function generators, Power and harmonic analyzer.
Experiments of Power Eletronics Lab:
1. 1-phase Half & Full Controlled Converter
2. 3-Phase Thyristor converter circuits
3. Familiarisation with PE Components
4. D C Chopper Circuits
5. Basic DC-DC Converters with MOSFET Switch
6. Study of a single phase PWM AC to DC converter
7.Switching characteristics of MOSFET and IGBT